The Discrimination King.....with teeth

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Friends, foes......whatever

"What do you have few friends, Jie ?" Asked my dad

"Having too many friends also a bad thing, no ?" I replied. He nodded in agreement, or so it seems.

It's kind for him to worry my social life, in a very contrast to my brother, who seem have alot of friends from my dad's point of view. Granted, he's has alot of and I don't, so ? Did I failed according to his criteria ? Sorry.

Perhaps I would like to elaborate further. I make friends by sharing my thoughts, my hobbies and my interests, not changing myself to become a whole different person in order to join them. My course mates ain't that bad, just that my interests vary from them, however we still able to communicate "at least". I am sorry to be harsh but, I am not trying to impress them to their pleasure in order to join the rank. Sorry, that's not what I wanted to be, a different person, by sacrificing things that what me today, no siree. I am not gonna make a bitch/asshole happy by sucking up to them so I can be in their league. I ain't force them to like me, nor respect me, no ? To each their problem, as between me and them, we have to stand each other for the next 2 and a half year if they don't like me. Perhaps fate or my luck, most of them don't fit into my over thinking criteria, we still work together in a project last semester, or forced to included me (again, over thinking, bad bad), but I didn't sense any dishonesty among them. Perhaps I should talk more, or they are just some typical people with mentality of grouping with people whom they known for long time, let's see how it goes. But I can't deny they are hard working and bright.

I do have friends, yes from the first glance I looked like I have very few, I blame my weird habit of "hardly talk", cause I like to observe by far before jumping in. If I don't have one, what do I join clubs for ? How can I go through shitty situation without any help from others ? And best of all, how can I still maintain my sanity till today ? Because I DO have friends, it's just I hardly talk, I like to listen to them, that's all. I am human too, I need companion, no man is an island,
it's just the way I make friend.

Yet I also prepare myself for the situation of "people come and go". They will be my friends for today, but they might turn into an assholes by tomorrow. Gloomy isn't it ? I am just being realistic here. Or perhaps I am only half right so I don't hold to it as a principal, just a gentle reminder to myself across my life.

0 Comment:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
<-- c(~) -->