The Discrimination King.....with teeth

Saturday, August 06, 2005

PH33R

So far the hype has been raging on F.E.A.R (First Encounter Assault Recon) by PCGamers and Gamespot , I also read that many people got spook out by a red little girl who floats pass you for no reason . Ringu ? Exorcist ? Mama chump (just kidding)? Oh well , I downloaded the demo anyway , jacked it in and walaa , it works !! And I thought this game needs 1.7 gHz to run :/ .

Anyway , the game starts with a very long(yawn) cutscene . There's one man crouching in side a jail bar (wanking perhaps ?) looking around worrily . Then that infamous red dress girl floats towards the bar and open it , the man gives out a wail . The scene switch to a squad of masked soldier infiltrating the prison , the cutscene again switch to that psycho who slashes a bodyguard from the back and then it switches back to the squad gone trigger happy by shooting 2 guards like a target practise , and that crazy mofo is eating a people's body , while 2 of the soldiers guarding him !! The end .

Oh wait , here's ANOTHER cutscene , but I wanna cut short so you can experience it :P . OK , the game started with YOU (yes , Y O U) sitting in a car , talking to a FEAR commander . He told you to kill that psyscho all by your own . Yea , yea with all the stupid briefing , I got into action..........with a handgun -_-" and SMG :D~~~ . The control was abit complicated , and I had to keep looking at my keyboard to make sure I pressed the right buttons . When I thought this shooterwass just like others , for example , you walking along a corridor and suddenly a group of enemy spot you and attack , I was totally wrong .

As I walked along a dark corridor , paranormal signal began to pick up something "dirty" , and I also noticed 2 mice start to run away from that "dirty" spot . By kept telling myself that it's only a game so I could continue walking only made me more nervous . The device started beeping again and I saw , SAW that red dress girl floats by , giggling . I quickly pause and rest for 3 minutes before I proceed . After I arrived at that spot , all I could see a splattered body , totally lifeless , and again the device beeped , but louder and with stupidy I moved my mouse to turn around .

The red dress girl was behind me .

I gave a small yelped and nearly jumped out of my chair . The girl did nothing , she just floated across the wall , gigling . So yea I found a ladder to walk up and the action just began . The character features one special ability : bullet time . So far I pwned some soldiers in my firt trial but I got killed by a heavy armoured mofo with lighter Darth Vader voice . I stopped playing because I got killed 3 times by that same person .

So far this game is noteworthy , so I shall see whether it's worth to buy when the game comes out .

EDIT :
I finally own3d that big mofo with a boomstick in his face , slow-mo style :D~~ . So far the character can carry a maximum of 3 weapons (and some medic kits and grenades too) . And that creepy red little bitch scared me again by suddenly sent me to another dimension , which is a very LONG corridor . While I walked along , the character was floating along , like a ghost , goodness gracious moi :S . When I reach the god damn door , another ghost suddenly rushed out and the door (AAAIIIIEEE) , which happened to be a mirror all along , shattered -_-" . I turned around to find another way out , only to see that creepy bitch walked towards me , upside down , gigling . And then the whole screen went blank and I was back into action .

So the demo ened in a cliffhanger (I let you find out yourself) , which is a pity . The effect sure scare the hell out of people , but I can see that it will be like Doom 3 , once you go through it , you will experience the same thing again when you play for the second time . But who knows Monolith will try to fix this game so it has great replayability (mostly on multiplayer lah) by the time it comes . Let's wait and see .

Wanna try the demo , go here .

*floats around the blog , giggling*

0 Comment:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
<-- c(~) -->