The Discrimination King.....with teeth

Friday, September 09, 2005

Gamers of all breed

After I watched a short documentary about online gaming and (yawn) Jonathan Wendel @ Fatal1ty (shame on you gamers if you don't know his name) , I tried to search for the meaning of "gamer" in Urban Dictionary , and I found one of the definations caught my eyes :

"A real gamer is somebody who takes video games as a hobby or way to pass the time. They are generally more hardcore than the casual player, yet not to the point where they are addicted. A gamer and an addict are two different things." - by 'a real gamer' , urban dictionary-

The quote above hits the point I want . Why so many people jump on the online gaming bandwagon ? And why Mr.Wendel is called a pro-gamer ? The first thing that comes to my mind when I heard the word is a person who is very good at gaming , and Jonathan Wendel is good at only one genre : First Person Shooter only . Only ? Yes n00bs , O N L Y . I don't see anything special about him as a "pro-gamer" even though he stated that he trained (huh ?!) 4 hours a day and get into every competition to win cash , by now his pocket is so full of money could make everyone a green eye monsters . Sponsors like Nvidia , Intel and even Z-board taking the chances to cash in their products by sponsoring him . I can't tell whether he will get pwned in the next competition , only time will tell .

On the other hand , many geeks like those South Korean fucks are getting abit overload . I remember one news about a guy who died in front of his monitor as he has been played 50 hous (I hope it's not a typo) non-stop . Even my class mates , who are mostly RO freaks , playing almost 8 hours daily and come to school with a heavy heads . What's with the obsess ? What's with all the competition that only let the geeks trying to be a cyber-jocks anyway .

Moreover , games today are too graphic demanding , espacially first person shooters . Every game company trying to "out-graphic" each other by claiming their FPS games are more realistic than others . The situation is getting worst that many people howing off their e-penis like super duper graphic card and super-duper-puper motherboard , which all bullshit and a turn off for me . Gameplay doesn't play an important role anymore , which will make kids more stupid and waste money just to see those "beautiful graphic" . I will on playing games , but with the increase of products , I doubt I will spend money to upgrade my old PC to play few , new games I have been waiting for :

Black And White 2
Serious Sam 2
Warhammer 40k expansion : Winter Assault
Painkiller expansion : Battle Out Of Hell
Unreal Tournament 2006

And yea , fuck Half Life 2 and F.E.A.R .

1 Comment:

  • The games nowadays are getting better in the way of graphics but worse in the way of gameplay. If gamers want a game with good gameplay the graphics tend to be much wors than games with shit gameplay. Elder scrolls IV: OBLIVION however has got both and I would recomend it to anyone.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
<-- c(~) -->