The Discrimination King.....with teeth

Friday, November 16, 2007

I am not English, and I am not even a Scouser

Wanted to write this for quite some time, but I lack the temper to do so. However, thanks to lao yeh dot net, my temper has been recharged and ready to go ! Let the biased rant begins.

I, Yung Jie, hold no secrets that I supported Liverpool since I was nine. However it was not love at the first sight, it was more of an influence by my older brother who seemed to have saw the light and don't care anything but his missus. I started as a RED DEVIL supporter. You heard that right, I WAS a Manchester United fan. My brother realised it and decided to declare state of emergency on me, bombarded me with some history lessons about The Kop. Who can blame a 9 years old cibai kia whose pathetic mind can be easily twisted and molded ? So I jumped ship eventually. I still remember how he wanted me to take a vow to support Liverpool all my life, which it's a regret to me....partially ;). Come to think about it, *ego*no wonder my history is somewhat awesome and sexy*ego*.

Years go on, up and down, under Roy Evans, then the fallen great Gerrad Houllier and lastly (in a good way) the magnificient Mr.Rafa Benitez, Liverpool has faltered, and then prospered till now, not without the same old English mentality of "We can win t3h trophy this seas0n !!!11111oeneoneone". I still love Liverpool. I almost kicked my TV when Liverpool lost its one goal lead in FA Cup against Manchester United who went on to win their incredible treble in 1999, I sulked for 3 days when Steven Gerrard hit an own goal against Chelsea 2 years ago in FA Cup Final(or league cup ?), I cheered when Liverpool went on a winning spree, and yes, I cried like a prawn when Liverpool made THE comeback of all comebacks against AC Milan in 2005 UEFA Champions League Final. Thanks for the memories, Kop.

But then, with all my love for Liverpool, I also harbour fair share of dislike(hatred will be a strong word for this) against the team, and the fans, the local fans. While for the English, the REAL Scousers, they can continue their derby rivalry or ultimate rivalry for all I care, I enjoy watching their rivalries though, but it can't be applied the same on the local fans. Seriously, I borned in Malaysia, I don't have any sense of Scouse, let alone a bloodline, what gives them the fucking divine right to claim themselves as one ? I hate the word "we", I hate it with passion, as everytime people use it I feel like I am grouped with most of those arrogant pricks out there. Full of themselves, laughable demands for success, and best of all, like someone said, they "memang mudah lupa", that's "easy to forget" for those who don't know BM. They sometimes even hackle those who remain neutral or support more than one football club, forcing to choose one, that's beyond childish. They are quick to judge Mr.Rafa when he screwed by putting the blame on his rotation policy, which is such an easy target, and easy to analysis for most football "pundeks" out there. Did I mention how much I hate they using "mate". Sorry people, sometimes overused words just get on my nerve. Their shit talking only make them no where different than other fans, whom they labeled as hypocrites and jealous. No wonder my dad hates Liverpool so much.

I wonder how they are able to communicate with others, espacially those who support Manchester or, heaven forbid, (n)Everton ? Are they going to taunt them everytime they meet just for some plain kopitiam session ? Maybe I think too much. Am I a fan of the Kop ? Yes. Would I like to join those idiots to talk shit other teams everyday ? No. I prefer to talk about the players current form, be it Liverpool's or Man.Utd's, glad that I have one Man.Utd bloke that love to do so. I doubt even those English can be as rowdy as these monkeys here. Heck, even the usage of "We are not English, we are Scouse" sentence in their local forum ticked me off, hence the title above. Dude, you are a Malaysian, not some blokes who can speak England so powderful that I can't hear shit. In fact, we are the one that actually follow their system since colonisation.

I am sure anyone who read this, espacially those hardcore one, will straightly label me "not a real fan" or writing this as an act of treason. Heh, I rather be in a communist country than joining them monkey ranks. However I stand on my ground that I love Liverpool, I love it in my own way. Now scram Scouser wannabes.

0 Comment:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
<-- c(~) -->