The Discrimination King.....with teeth

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Rebuild Of Evangelion 1.01 : You Are (not) Alone

Almost 11 years of mind fucking anime, Gainax just won't stop here. Moreover Hideki Anno, the creator behind the series, wanted to update it again, not without some new scenes, dialogs, and...er...fresh.

I don't think I need to put spoiler tag, cause it's like a recap of the 26 long episodes (this one stops at Ramiel), so I don't give a shit if someone sarcastically thank me for ruining their experiences. Not my fault, and fuck you.

Anyway this is what I felt after watching it in the wee hour of morning.

- Shinji seem less emo than the old version, and to my surprise, he seems to be serious while piloting eva 01, perhaps we will see more of his antics in the next movie this year.

- Sachiel, which was considered as 3rd Angel,  is labeled as fourth in this movie

- Many new scene like conversation between Ritsuko and Misato

- In this movie Misato KNOWS the angel that got crucified IS Lilith

- Rei, as always, being Rei

- Gendou, as always, an asshole

- Ramiel has never been that badass and terrifying before, thumbs up for the effort

- Fun fact : Ramiel uses the sound effect of Alien Monster from Diebuster, another Gainax's masterpiece

- 2 Liliths ?! Why the new model of Lilith is inside the central dogma while the old version of Lilith is on the moon ?!

- Kawaru shows up early, but near the ending

- Don't close after the credit, and watch out for whole new look of Eva unit 05 descending from the moon

I don't think I have the mood to give any rating, but I am looking forward to the last 2 movies, which I think Mr.Hideki will rewrite the ending of End Of Evangelion, or he might retain it but added a few new twist. Yay for more mind fuck !

0 Comment:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
<-- c(~) -->