The Discrimination King.....with teeth

Thursday, September 16, 2004

Oh (real)In Tech , where art thou ?

Did I said Doom 3 sucks ? Nope , the only word I utter is D I S S A P O I N T I N G . It may sounds ignorant cause I never touch the game before , but just look at the gameplay , the first game that pops up from my mind is Half Life and I still dare to say that this game is a rip off , untill now....

Today The Star's In Tech make their first mass review ever since Baldur's Gate in late 1990s , and Doom 3 is their choice of their reviews . You know , In Tech's review on the game really makes me reduce to tears , cause for 2 or 3 years now , I Haven't seen them review any games that long . I still remember every In Tech reporters having fun in creating their characters in Baldur's Gate , I still remember how they having fun playing Quake 2 , Quake 3 and even Unreal Tournament !! And I still remember how they baldly reviewed a game title that they thought it sucked with the funniest headline ever : "THIS GAME SUCKS !!!" . And now , since the booming of electronic age , and with the tense competition by console gamers (Playstation 2 , Xbox and Gamecube) , the reviewers have shifted their focus on gadgets , while they review a game with just a simple summary .

I feel so sad for them , and I also feel damn angry cause they just sum up the review with the same person called "LAT-WP" . But one person who managed to spoke out my mind by wrote a complain letter to In Tech last Tuesday(or last week I think) , he questioned the way they reviewed Doom 3 with just a short summary and he was pissed that the way they reviewed games had sunk to such a low level . Even though it was a column about first look on Doom 3 , and he mistaken the column for a review , but I think he managed to strike at the right time . Wake up In Tech !! Where are your gaming spirits ? I missed the old days where they reviewed a games longer than all the reviews they write today :( .

The Editor cleared up the situation by replying the writer's letter on the spot , he said that they just have no time for reviewing games anymore cause there are lots of gadgets to review these days . But still I dearly miss the way they review games , I want them to bring back the old days , not just a simple sum up :( .

Oh In techers , where are your gaming spirits ?

Edited
Gee , looks like I am out of topic in the first paragraph . And yea , after I read all the reviews about Doom 3 , I have the urge to buy that game though .

0 Comment:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
<-- c(~) -->