The Discrimination King.....with teeth

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Cartoons (redone)

Dammit I have to redone again, as putting up more than 5 youtubes cause the whole site to crash. Might as well put links.

When you say "I like cartoons" at the age of 21, people will stare at you, like you announced that you switch gender or worst, embracing homosexual life. There's one bitch called Angeline Wong summed it up pretty blunt 5 years ago.

"What for you still watch cartoons ? You are already adult, you should watch something adult now, not cartoon. Ish..."

I wish I could bitch slap her bad, I hate her till now. Just don't let me see you.

It's kinda ironic that they themselves enjoy watching cartoons too when they were kids. Even though they out grown it, why force others to do so ? These days cartoons are pretty much poke fun at adults, not even in way of Simpsons, Family Guy or South Park. Anyway let's start with some older toons from the late 80s and 90s. Early 80s cartoons are too much, so I will be at risk of being yelled "why didn't you add this awesome toon ?!". I have to narrow down so I won't tired myself out, rest you can find to discover them yourself.

Animaniacs

Seriously, before Anime, there's Animaniacs, a masterpiece by Steven Spielberg. It's a series consisted of many wacky mini series inside one episode, one of the mini series was quite famous : Pinky And The Brain, don't you remember ? The series was successful though, capped with 5 seasons. Wiki.

Freakazoid

Another masterpiece by Spielberg himself. I don't know what crack he was on, the show became my instant favourite just by the intro XD. The story is about a boy got zapped into cyberspace and infected with some 1337 codes to become a superhero, a crazy one. Unlike Animaniacs, this only ended with one season, quite sad though. Wiki.

Ghostbusters

Do not confused with other one, and I pity the fool who never watch this.The animation for this one was cutting edge, even till this day it looks brand new. Moreover, the ghosts in the show were creepy as hell, even though it was for kids. Even though I enjoy the new Extreme Ghostbusters, their ghosts are somewhat... ain't scary, as they are being gore for the sake of it. Oh did I tell you that I used to have Marshmellow doll too ? *teehee*


Mighty Orbots

Come on, at least you remember that fatso who eats garbage. A short series though but it's one of those 80s mecha that stood out after Voltron (yes the voice over is none other than Peter Cullen himself, who voices the mighty Optimus Prime) and Transformers.

Duckula

Maybe this is one is easier to remember. This cartoon was another poke at the most workshipped goth idol. The series started with the resurrection that gone all wrong when one of His servant added ketchup instead of real blood, made him turn into a VEGETARIAN. Hilliarity follows where the "vemp" goes.

Sharky And George

Bloody hell you never seen on TV3 every Tuesday ?! SHAME ON YOU. Anyway the series is all about detective's all in a day works, under the sea that is. I really enjoyed the noir of the series, not so dark, yet so entertaining.

Disney at the 90s, to me, was at their best. Series like Darkwing Duck, Goof Troop, Quack Pack and Bonkers made me glued to TV almost every afternoon when I finished my homework. Too bad today disney is all about dramas, movie based cartoon series and Kim-possible, never like them anyway.

While most cartoons above are kids friendly, there's one, and I wanted to write this for a while, go way beyond digusting and abnoxious at best : Spunko's Ren & Stimpy. The story is simple : everyday life of the retarded cat Stimpy and control freak chi hua hua Ren. And I can just piss you off by singing this song :



Rocko's Modern Life

It's softer than its counterpart, but hit on life hard. Gotta cartoon when it tries to be funny and dark at the same time.

Anyway enough with the old cartoons, there are some newer ones that stand out among the rest.

Avatar The Last Air Bender

The Batman


Teen Titans

Justice League Unlimited

Legion Of Superheroes


And last but not least, next year most anticipated one, and it need no introduction.



I partially give up on anime, as I don't have the enthusiast to chase them. Even though I do watch them, I only watch either the old one or go with the average of one anime per year. Lucky Star is not as great as people make out to be. Full of dialog, and I believe people watch it just to see Konata's face at every 24 episodes.

That's all. Laters.

0 Comment:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
<-- c(~) -->