The Discrimination King.....with teeth

Friday, July 14, 2006

Something set me on fire again

I never feel so alive in the gaming world today, I once felt this sensation when I saw PS2 came out. All this time I frowned at all the games, espacially PC games that required super duper requirement to play it, and in the end, it's still a one-way-trip game that people will put aside, never played again. PC games today lack innovative and the one I always look for, replayability. With the recent Prey got a expected not-so-high rating, I still wonder those PC users with super high-end PC will continue suck up to the developers, praising their graphic instead of looking at the gameplay? I will buy a whole new PC next year, not because of following the herd, but it's time for me to do so, as windows Vista will come out at any time next year, and an AMD chip will not let me continue to change parts again.

But then when it comes to PC gaming, most all ain't about gameplay, it's about showing off graphic and physic in the game. I just don't feel the hype even though I have few PC games I want to play next year, like Crysis, Spore, Halo 2....that's all I can mention. Perhaps there's more next year but the fact now is I lost hope on PC games, as it's all about action and graphic and show off how high-ended a person's machine is, and nothing else. I even give up hope on playing games.

Untill I saw this.

Seriously, I feel that Nintendo read my mind, always goes against the grain. Instead of try to challenge Sony and Microsoft, they try to reach out for the non-gamers, which is their philosophy for Wii. With the price for the console reasonably cheap, I also consider to try this out with my parents, YES my parents. I remembered my mom said how she wanted to learn to play PS2 when she looked at me mashing away in Guitar Hero. The timing just right for Nintendo to come out in console, and I will definately buy it when it comes out.

Moreover, I never feel so alive when I look at the games, fuck the breath-taking graphic, all I want is to play and remember those lovable characters in the game. Best of all, I believe the games for Wii are what game suppose to be : replayability. The ability to make people play the same game over and over again without getting bored is the game I am talking about all this time. Oh Nintendo, how thee hath shown ray of light on me, I felh so teh aliveth again.

Thank you.

0 Comment:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
<-- c(~) -->