The Discrimination King.....with teeth

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Where it all begins (part 1)

Right, this is the continuation from my previous post for my own Transformers 101. I forgot to bring my digicam down with me so my other blog cannot be update till after CNY XP. Anyway let's go.

After the name changed from Diaclone to Transformers, the toys has been a huge hit among kids in the 80s. I don't know whether the toyline came first or the cartoon series, but my overall research proved that the first one.





With the 2 long TF toy commercials above, you will be brought back to the 80s era where the "bricks" (term for vintage G1 Transformers toys) reigned supreme. It was not a laughing matter that the toys had very limited articulation, which was rotating the arms 360 degree, because when it came to transforming into (no pun intended) a vehicle, this was where they shone. The vehicles were realistic as hell, furthermore they were die cast, a term for toys that have 90% metal material on certain part.

With the toys became so popular among the kids, Hasbro and Takara decided to make them into a cartoon series, while Marvel lended a hand to make a comic book series as well. And here they kicked start the series that we all saw during our primary school days, the Transformers cartoon series. Next I will write about the cartoon.

Previous post :

Before Transformers, there's.....

0 Comment:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
<-- c(~) -->